Ever see those people walking down the street, smiling and appearing truly happy? Are you one of those people? If you aren't one of them, here are some tips to create a happy and well balanced life:
1. Take a look at your level of happiness in the following areas: Personal, Family, Relationships, Work,and Health. Use a 1-10 scale, with 10 being the happiest and 1 being the lowest and rate each of these areas. Which areas were high, and which were low? With the low scoring areas, create a plan with a few small goals to help bring more happiness and balance to that part of your life. For example, if you scored low in your relationships, look at what makes a relationship healthy for you and set healthy boundaries to respect your needs.
2. Take a look at whether your passions are present in your day to day life. Brainstorm what you are passionate about and include it regularly in your routine. If you love to sing, go to karaoke weekly! If you are a foodie, check out a new restaurant monthly. Be creative on how your passions are lived in your daily life.
3. Be around happy people. They will inspire you as well!
4. Focus on the good in each day instead of everything that went wrong. This goes back to the idea that what you pay attention to is what you get more of.
5. Create a "happy place." Make your environment a place that you enjoy being and that you can use to take a mental time out from the hustle and bustle. Whether it is a room in your home, a class you attend regularly, church, a vacation spot, or even a place you visualize in your mind-use you happy place to take a break when needed.
Getting started with these tips will help you jump start your journey to creating a well balanced and happy life! To learn more about counseling and coaching services that can take you even further on this journey, call Open Doors Counseling at 602-499-9952 or visit our website at www.opendoorscounselingaz.com.